No-selection Copy/Paste

Ideas for new features

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

richardtallent

No-selection Copy/Paste

Post by richardtallent »

I read something on Dominic Morris' web site this morning (http://dotnetjunkies.com/weblog/d0m1/posts/1560.aspx) and thought it would be a great, easy feature for TextPad:
They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and there are so many other cool details in VS.NET; Ctrl+X and Ctrl+C with no selection cutting & copying the entire line is simplicity in itself, but I could not live without it anymore. Simple, but so powerful. I love this about VS.NET; it's like a work of art, beautiful.
[/quote]
jeffy

Post by jeffy »

This is a neat idea. When macros are revamped in the next major release--we assume--implementing this idea with a macro should be a rather trivial thing, I think.
s_reynisson

Post by s_reynisson »

Configure->Prefrences->Keyboard->Categories->Edit->EditCopyLine
and EditCutLine.
Maybe as Ctrl-Alt-C and X, it's brute force but if you don't mind
the extra Alt it's ok.
nyugi

Only if it would be an optional feature

Post by nyugi »

I have a bit "unreliable" fingers, so I often hit Ctrl+C instead of Ctrl+V. Many times the current function of copying no-selection (that is not updating the clipboard) saves me from additional work.
I understand the advantage of the mentioned feature however I think it would be the best if this would not replace the current Copy action but would be an option that could be turned on and off.