"Highlight the line containing the cursor" option

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

Radon

"Highlight the line containing the cursor" option

Post by Radon »

I think is better if we can set the highlighted line to a specific color, instead of having it by set to 2 interupted lines.
Is it possible to be done? A customizable light color would be great instead... same like UltraEdit.
bbadmin
Site Admin

Post by bbadmin »

See TextPad 4.7.1

Keith MacDonald
Helios Software Solutions
Radon

Post by Radon »

Thank you. How do I customize the bar? To remove the little dots and change the color to a different one? A plain light yellow color without the dots would look better, IMO. Thank you for explaining.
Radon

Post by Radon »

I found the place to edit the options... but every time I try to customize the forward and backround colors it will not save the foreground.
I try to set an uniform color for both (dotted bars and background), so we can see it plain, the highlighed bar. For some reason, it does not save the foreground color and default it to a predefined color.
Thank you.
webmasta

Post by webmasta »

So ure saying that when you select the foreground color, u see the selected color in the little horizontal strip on the selector but when you save it it goes back to some default color??

Strange.. or maybe I am not understanding ure dilema...

Try this... open ure file, select your syntax /color... ure opened file has to be associated with that syntax file.

Click "curent line"... Select ure foreground color...
Click apply.. you should see the change immediately in the opened file.
Click save.
brntcrsp

Post by brntcrsp »

I'm having the same trouble as Radon. When I go to Configure > Preferences > Document Classes > Default > Colors > Current Line, and I set the foreground to the same color as both the Windows Background color and the background color for Current Line it does not change. I upgraded from 4.6.x yesterday to 4.7.1.
brntcrsp

Post by brntcrsp »

strange, but I just succeeded in getting the settings to take.

I reset the the colors to the Default colors from Textpad. then I closed Textpad and reapplied my registry settings from my Textpad.reg file. After opening Textpad, I was then able to modify and update the Current Line colors - really really weird.
s_reynisson

Post by s_reynisson »

my settings, I was trying to get the jEdit look, hope the url works
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-9/3 ... titled.jpg
altan

Post by altan »

This 'highlight current line' feature causes clipping of the upper and/or lower extremities of text on my system. I am running Win2000, font "Lucida Console" at size 11. The effect depends on size, but it still happens.

I don't think this happened with the earlier versions (4.6 and before). Is this a known issue?
MudGuard

Post by MudGuard »

I cannot confirm your problem, Altan.

I tested with Lucida Console size 11, and nothing is clipped.

Btw, this can't have happened in 4.6 or before as the "Highlight current line" feature was introduced in 4.7...
bbadmin
Site Admin

Post by bbadmin »

clipping of the upper and/or lower extremities of text
Try setting the Current line foreground color the same as the Window background color. Then, the dotted lines above and below the text will not be drawn.

Keith MacDonald
Helios Software Solutions
altan

Post by altan »

I cannot set current line foreground to window background. The current line foreground setting is ignored. I will study the relevant paragraph in the help page to see if I can decipher it..

BTW I use black as the text window background. I do not know what 'window background' refers to since it seems to have no effect at this moment.