Document Class specific keystrokes

Ideas for new features

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

martinlooker

Document Class specific keystrokes

Post by martinlooker »

I'd like to be able to specify keystrokes on a per document class basis.

This would allow me to use one keystroke say to insert a comment in a file but if I was working an C file I could configure it to be a C comment, C++ comments for C++ files etc. It would also allow me to use different tools in the same way for example I lint my C code with a different command to my C++ code once again I could use one key to do this by splitting my document classes.

This is kind of in lieu of fully programmable macros as I'm moving from a Brief environment where I check the file extension as part of my macros for these things and then take the appropraite action.

By the way my environment is now very close to what I was used to in Brief with the minimum of fuss.
rzed

keystrokes on a document class basis ... and more!

Post by rzed »

I would like to see something similar to this. In another life, I made a lot of use of my numeric keypad for text editing. I never used the numbers, but I could use the keys to trigger macros. One macro reset the keypad to a group of keypad settings; when I chose one, it reset the keypad again to macros appropriate to the document class I was working on. So in two keystrokes I could reset the keys to whatever setup I needed (all that I needed, anyway).

As an example: say that kp0 was set up to set the rest of the keys to something like this: kp1 - C++ stuff, kp2 - Python stuff, kp3 - HTML stuff ... and so on. No matter what state the keys were in to begin with, kp0 would set this up, then, to work on HTML, kp3 would set up the keystrokes I used for HTML. To put in a comment, I'd always be reaching for the same key, but it would give me different results, depending on what I was doing.
jeffy

Post by jeffy »