Provide option to suppress full path in title bar

Ideas for new features

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

topstar

Provide option to suppress full path in title bar

Post by topstar »

Ref: Entry in the General forum to suppress the full path in the title bar -

My case: I have got plenty of files open at the same time in a directory which is embedded deep below the C:\ directory tree structure. It is nearly 6-8 sub directories in the tree and each directory name is so long that finally in the title bar it does not display the filename. This makes it inconvenient for people with the habit of looking at the title bar to see which file they are working on, as the information on it now becomes useless

(For example:
C:\files\whatever\wherever\whenever\whyever\whyohwhy\...
)

I was advised about using document tabs and this has helped me. But I still feel it is much friendlier if an option to suppress full path in title bar is provided. This option already exists for the document selector, where you can suppress the full path and display just the filename. If the same was made available in the title bar,

1. I could just look at the title bar (which is my normal habit, and I feel the habit of a lot of people) to see which file I am working on.

2. The long line of the directory tree which does not provide complete information is avoided.

Regards