Replacement License?

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

Chaas

Replacement License?

Post by Chaas »

Allright, so I bought Textpad about, er....shoot....three, four months ago....for use with my current online coding project, which is massive and a dedicated pain in the ass. It helped a lot.

And then my computer crashes and my Hard Drive siezes due to a bearing or something along those lines going out - I lost everything that I had up to that point, including my Textpad program, and, gee, my license information in my Outlook express program on my hard drvie which, consequently, is not used as a cupholder.

My question is really quite simple: Is it possible to retrieve my license information via Helios staff/DB/paper files, or will I have to buy Text pad again?

And if I can get my old license back, then how do I go about doing so, since all attempts at getting ahold of ya have thusfar failed (trying to call from the US into the UK....-shudders- never even thought how different telephone systems could be elsewhere)...

I would be highly appreciative if anyone can give me a straight answer on this one...
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

Hi Chaas,

To get a replacement license key you should follow the link from the Support page where it says ...

For replacement license keys, please click here

This will get you to here ...
http://www.textpad.com/support/lostlicense.html

Just enter your email address as it was when you placed your order and your license will be emailed to you. 8)

Steve
Chaas

Post by Chaas »

The problem with that is it sends it to my old email address, which has been deactivated. So I cannot get my lisence via that, cause it ain't going to my new account.
depaulj

Post by depaulj »

I have a similar problem as you: can't retrieve my old license code and can't use the "lostlicense.html" link because I no longer have access to my old email address... what to do... ?!

I wish they would allow updates to our email address information in their database - that way we'd be self sufficient.

Let me know if you'd found a solution - would like to hear about it.

James
abelpnjr

Change license company

Post by abelpnjr »

Hi! I register in TextPad web site with the name of company where I work. I would like change the name of company. Is it possible? How can I do it?
helios

Post by helios »

All of the problems raised here, can easily be resolved by contacting "admin@textpad.com". As long as your original license is verifiable, you will be issued with a replacement.

Stephen MacDonald
Helios Software Solutions.