delimiters for spelling checker

Ideas for new features

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

maynard

delimiters for spelling checker

Post by maynard »

Overuse of slashes in things like and/or, in/out, etc. is bad news in the final product, but often necessary in dummies inserted pending later review. I'm dismayed to find that the TP spelling checker picks up on them, suggesting that I insert a space after the slash. Checking the configuration menu item, I find that there is no provision for specifying word delimiters either.

P.S. I'm not quite what to do about hyphens. I vacillate. Sometimes I like to treat them as part of the word; other times not.
jeffy

Post by jeffy »

Although I haven't looked too deep into this, I agree it is also frustrating to have every instance of "this/that" counted as a single word, and therefore a spelling error.

I thought perhaps the "Other characters in words" (in the Syntax section of a Document Class) would cover this, but "/" is not in that list. Nor is there a way via the spelling options (open the spelling dialog, and the bottom left button is "options") to say "consider words separated with [syntax definition divider characters] as separate words", or something.

:' (