Right-click without changing cursor position

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

calamari

Right-click without changing cursor position

Post by calamari »

Hi,

Is it possible to set up TextPad to be able to right click the document without changing the cursor position? I have the habit of right clicking the document to access the Paste option, so my pastes end up all over the place.

Thanks,
calamari
helios

Post by helios »

I'm sorry, but it isn't possible to change the behaviour of the cursor when you right click in a document. TextPad behaves in the same way as the standard Microsoft applications.

Stephen MacDonald
Helios Software Solutions.
MudGuard

Post by MudGuard »

The context menu key could be a solution - pressing it does not change cursor position...
calamari

Post by calamari »

I'm sorry, but it isn't possible to change the behaviour of the cursor when you right click in a document. TextPad behaves in the same way as the standard Microsoft applications.
I beg to differ. Click Start > Run, type in notepad, Hit OK. Type a few lines of gibberish, then right click in the middle of it. The cursor position will not change. Push Esc to exit the context menu (or Copy, or Paste). The cursor position will not change.

calamari
bveldkamp

Post by bveldkamp »

calamari wrote:
I beg to differ. Click Start > Run, type in notepad, Hit OK. Type a few lines of gibberish, then right click in the middle of it. The cursor position will not change. Push Esc to exit the context menu (or Copy, or Paste). The cursor position will not change.

calamari
That's why he said *standard* Microsoft applications, which Notepad is definitely not ;-). Word and Wordpad work as described.
g00ber

press SHIFT+F10

Post by g00ber »

pressing SHIFT+F10 is similar to right-clicking