having spellcheck treat punctuation as whitespace

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

kisrael

having spellcheck treat punctuation as whitespace

Post by kisrael »

Does anyone know if there's a way to change what spellcheck treats as whitespace?

It would make sense when parsing text w/ HTML tags if it didn't look at something like
<cat>dog</cat>
and ask me about "cat>dog" as word...
(with many HTML tags that surround text, you don't want a space after the close of the opening tag)

Also, if I use something like "either/or" , I believe it is more correct not to have to type "either / or"

Anyway, I really appreciate the spellcheck built into textpad, it's often the most convenient thing...otherwise I'd have to use various websites for fire up Word. It makes me glad I shelled out for the software, but this is a serious annoyance, with no setting under properties. (Yet I'd assume it's a pretty easy programming chage.)

Post by Guest »

No one knows?
Bob Hansen

Post by Bob Hansen »

If you have a spell checker that you like, how about uisng a program like Macro Scheduler (www.mjtnet.com) where you could define a hot key that would copy document in TextPad, open the program of your choice with the spell checker, do the spell checking and copy the modified document back into TextPad?
Hope this was helpful.............good luck,
Bob
kisrael

Post by kisrael »

Bob Hansen wrote:If you have a spell checker that you like, how about uisng a program like Macro Scheduler (www.mjtnet.com) where you could define a hot key that would copy document in TextPad, open the program of your choice with the spell checker, do the spell checking and copy the modified document back into TextPad?
No I generally like having TextPad's spellchecker at hand, it's the most convenient one I know.

But when it finds stuff like
<i>exactly</i>
and tells me it can't find it as a word, it makes me wonder why < and > aren't considered whitespace for purposes of spell-checking....