Select other file during drag/drop via Document Selector

Ideas for new features

Moderators: AmigoJack, helios, bbadmin, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

Select other file during drag/drop via Document Selector?

Yes please - document selector
No votes
Yes please - window title bar
50%
Yes please - both
50%
Not bothered
No votes

Total votes: 2

Cloink

Select other file during drag/drop via Document Selector

Post by Cloink »

I have too many files open to use document tabs, instead I use the Document Selector.

When copying by dragging text from one window to another, using doc tabs, hovering over the window-tab in question in the doc tabs causes that window to become focused.

I would like the same thing to happen if I hover over a file in the Document Selector.

I would also like the same thing to happen if I hover (with selection being dragged) directly over the window I'd like to drop into; maybe this would need to be restricted to the window title bar to avoid 'false hits' while you're dragging over one window to another.
qkz73

not a mouser

Post by qkz73 »

I hate the mouse and use only the keyboard whenever possible. However, this feature makes sense to me. I end up using the mouse quite a bit to select documents - when it isn't in the list of the last 2 or 3 items that I have been working on (for those I Ctrl+Tab, repeat as necessary). If I I definitely use only the Document Selector because my projects have way too many files to make them manageable via tabs - I turn those off.