An Alternative to Editable-Macros

Ideas for new features

Moderators: AmigoJack, helios, bbadmin, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

a-rico

An Alternative to Editable-Macros

Post by a-rico »

A couple of months ago I posted a suggestion about an alternate way to implement Editable Macros.

Unfortunately, It has got NONE responses; maybe because of the Subject (it was too generic) .

Then here it is with a more specific Subject :)

It is in http://www.textpad.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7021

Saludos

Alex
drefty

alternative to editable macros

Post by drefty »

Your suggestion is a good one, and it has been considered by
*many* other people. In other words, you are not alone :)

http://www.textpad.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4890
a-rico

Re: alternative to editable macros

Post by a-rico »

drefty wrote:Your suggestion is a good one, and it has been considered by
*many* other people. In other words, you are not alone :)
It's impressive that the people have 3+ YEARS! asking for that, and nothing happens,

I'm a sw developer, and I know how hard can it be to implement a new feature, thats why I posted my Idea of an alternate (and some kinda easier) way to implement that.

right now, the alternatives that some people have posted are HARD-BALLS that the might ultimatelly work even with Notepad!!, because the interaction with the Windows API, and the direct interaction with Windows.

And I say that that even work with Notepad is because the (destination) Application (any application) does not know if the text came from a user of from another app.

But it is un-natural, its the HARD-WAY.

Getting Deeper into the Windows API, we could even Add new Buttons in the Application (in any application), and add the corresponding callbacks and have a background program attending the clicks.

But that .... (again) I think is getting beyond what most users want or can do.

In fact, that could be a sellable product, a product that adds a Macro Funcionality to ANY app.

Saludos