copy and paste from netscape doesn't wrap

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, helios, bbadmin, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

Mendel Leisk

copy and paste from netscape doesn't wrap

Post by Mendel Leisk »

I like to copy and paste text articles from web pages to TextPad. I prefer Netscape to MS Internet Explorer (for various reasons: bookmark format, etc.), but one thing I've found, if I copy and paste text in MS Internet Explorer, the result in TextPad is properly wrapped text, with leading spaces removed. On the other hand, when I do the same operation in Netscape, the text pasted into my editor retains hard returns at line ends, and wide left side margins, similar to the web page it was taken from. It takes a lot of extra hassle to remove these spaces and to wrap the text properly.

Suggestions?

(I've posted this on a Netscape forum also. I would think the problem is with Netscape program.)
Luoji

RE: copy and paste from netscape doesn't wrap

Post by Luoji »

Hi,

I'm not an expert but I guess that if the format is badly formatted when you paste it in textpad it should be netscape's fault. Did you try to paste it in another text editor. Is it the same result? If it is, I guess it's netscape to fix it.

Luoji.

PS: I know that there is no reason to keep another text editor than textpad but i guess you can get one ^_^