Document tabs shouldn't kill Synchronize Scrolling.

Ideas for new features

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

BigJohn

Document tabs shouldn't kill Synchronize Scrolling.

Post by BigJohn »

I'm using release 5.2.0. Synchronize Scrolling was grayed-out and I had word wrap turned off on each open document. Came here to ask why, searched the forum, and learned that it was because I have document tabs displayed???

I don't see any connection at all between document tabs and synchronized scrolling. (There may have been some conflict in coding it.) I hope that this can be fixed.
Ryland

Post by Ryland »

Choose View and uncheck Document Tabs. Document tiling and thus synchronized scrolling will then be enabled.
BigJohn

Why is "synchronize scrolling" grayed out?

Post by BigJohn »

Now I'm using release 5.3.1 and to this day there is still no mention in the help page for "synchronize" that document tabs have to be turned off! It only says that it won't work with word-wrap.

At least the help should be updated if they can't make this feature work with document tabs. I don't know where else to mention it, so here it is. I don't think I'm the only one out here using document tabs, and most of us are probably not clairvoyant. Gripe, gripe, gripe... :evil:
kaheidt

Post by kaheidt »

I second this. I wouldn't have known that document tabs was the culprit if it weren't for this post.
Sup?