Easy syntax color changing

Ideas for new features

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

xavekinho

Easy syntax color changing

Post by xavekinho »

Why haven't you implemented an "instant-color-syntax-changer" like in Notepad++? In there, we have a list of languages that we can instantly select one so we can see the current document in the appropriate colors, and it's not necessary to save the file in the desired extension (.html) for example, to have the colors applied.
Thanks!
ben_josephs

Post by ben_josephs »

View | Document Properties | Syntax
[X] Enable syntax highlighting
Choose a Syntax definition file.
xavekinho

Post by xavekinho »

Hmm that's the deal! Thanks!!
However, the suggestion is still on the table: In NPP, it's easier, two clicks and we're done. In here we have to navigate a little. But thanks a lot anyway!
Bob Hansen

Post by Bob Hansen »

Actually it is no clicks, once the class has been defined. Just open the document and the syntax coloring takes effect immediately.
Hope this was helpful.............good luck,
Bob
xavekinho

Post by xavekinho »

Bob Hansen wrote:Actually it is no clicks, once the class has been defined. Just open the document and the syntax coloring takes effect immediately.
That's not the issue; I'm talking about the times we start a document from scratch, or when we create a blank document and paste a piece of code from a specific sintax. Like a piece of html on a blank text file. The syntax will not be applied until the file is saved or we select with Alt+Enter,Ctrl+2xPgUp,Tab, and tap down x times until we get to the desired syntax.

moreover, I just did the test:
I took a .ahk file, copied a piece of it, and pasted on a blank txt file, then applied the syntax. Only the characters got coloured, not the background, why?