Non standard WinXP folder icons not showing in folder list.

General questions about using WildEdit

Moderators: AmigoJack, helios, bbadmin, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

peata

Non standard WinXP folder icons not showing in folder list.

Post by peata »

Wild edit's folder list does not show folders that have non standard folder icon. Does anyone know how to configure it to identify these folders?
hpatsch

I'm having the same problem

Post by hpatsch »

Anyone have a fix? Thanks.
Harry
jwl

Post by jwl »

Are you sure that it is folders with non-standard icons? I found that I could see some folders with non-standard icons (if by that you mean the yellow folder), but not others. In particular, my 'My Webs' folder was shown, but had no + sign next to it to show the sub-folders. I solved that by checking the 'Search System Folders' option.
edward23

Post by edward23 »

Turn plain standard folder icons into bright and colorful icons. You can search for icons with specified parameters in all types of resource files starting with the selected folder. Also you can extract an icon from any type of resource files, export all icons from resource files into .ico-files, change an icon for a drive, manage your changed icons, make icons, changed earlier by another methods, independent from source files; search icons with specified parameters; export/import icons to/from libraries (.lib files) for further use on another computer or share them with friends. Also you can view changed icons via network and set colorful icons for network folders.