Long-wanted Suggestions

Ideas for new features

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

Mister Mac

Long-wanted Suggestions

Post by Mister Mac »

WISHLIST FOR TEXTPAD:
---------------------
I have loved TextPad for a long time--especially since many of my suggestions were incorporated into the product several years ago. Anyway, I don't think the original author is still involved with it, but I have a few suggestions (some of which I have previously submitted but which have not been implemented):

Wish 1: (THIS IS A CHANGE THAT I WOULD REALLY LOVE TO SEE)
------
In Configure:Preferences:Macros--Implement the same name-expansion functionality that's done in the Document Selector list; i.e., expand the macro names in the two lists when hovering over them individually (instead of having to select them and clicking the Properties button to see the macro's full name, et al). Otherwise, please make the dialog box expandable (which would also expand the width of the LOV's) so that the full macro names can be made visible.

Wish 2:
------
Using Find with the "In all documents" checkbox selected, it should send its results to the "Search Results" document (as it does for the Find In Files function). Otherwise, when there are many files open, you can't tell which of the open files has a match.

Wish 3:
------
Scenario: 1) Textpad is closed and the current workspace is saved. 2) Some files that are associated with the workspace are moved somewhere else on disk. 3) Textpad is opened and tries to open the files in the workspace.

Desire: Instead of ignoring files that it can't find, display a dialog box with three buttons: Prompt: "The file "C:\MovedFile" cannot be found. Do you want to search for it?"
Button1: Yes
Button2: No
Button3: No to all (or Cancel)

Wish 4:
------
For selected docs in the Document Selector list, add an option to the context menu to save them to a different workspace.

Wish 5:
------
For TWO selected docs in the Document Selector list, add an option to the context menu to compare them (which could bring up the Compare Tools dialog box pre-filled with the selected doc paths).

Wish 6:
------
In TextPad 5: When using the option to not display any document tabs, it would still be nice if the "close box (X)" would be available in the upper right hand area of the document--just as it is when document tabs are displayed.

Thanks!