WORKSPACE RELOAD BUG: STILL NOT FIXED!!!!!!

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

edactic

WORKSPACE RELOAD BUG: STILL NOT FIXED!!!!!!

Post by edactic »

I posted about this in March 2006. Now, in v5.0.3, that bug is STILL THERE.

Here is my original post.

http://forums.textpad.com/viewtopic.php ... =workspace

It is incredibly ANNOYING and CONFUSING when you rely on workspace mgt to handle a set of several dozen files and TP continually messes up and makes you start all over again.

Can't you guys fix this? How difficult can it possibly be to maintain a list of file names?
Bob Hansen

Post by Bob Hansen »

I am curious. Did the instructions not work for you?

I see that Helios did provide you with some instructions, and there was no feedback. They probably figured you were all set since you did not come back to say it did not work.
Hope this was helpful.............good luck,
Bob
helios

Post by helios »

Bob Hansen is correct.

In our reply to your original post, we said that the .tws file may have been corrupted, and suggested that you recreate the file and showed you the best way to go about it. You didn't respond to that, so under those circumstances we have to assume that you did as suggested and the problem was solved.
Helios Software Solutions
R2-D2

Post by R2-D2 »

Did your Workspace contain split windows? If so then it might be the same problem that I posted about here. There is one byte that seems to cause the problem when it gets too big (maybe the field is being handled as signed or something?). I can supply trivial examples if necessary, but I'm sure the information in the post is enough for someone to reproduce it. If I happen to forget about this problem and get a broken workspace, I copy the .tws file before quitting TextPad, then edit it in a hex editor to fix the offending byte.
NaasDup

Another WorkSpace bug

Post by NaasDup »

I have found that if I open a workspace with files pointing to a network drive and the drive is diconnected for some reason the workspace is also corrupted. Sometimes the filesize is 0kb, sometimes just 1kb but I am never able to use that workspace again.