100%
N
No votes

Total votes: 12

mlancaster

STATEMENT OF DIRECTION

Post by mlancaster »

Hi All

I'm a long time user of Textpad (nearly 10 years), so I was very excited to see some development activity again with Release 5.

What I would love to see published is a "Statement of Direction", giving an indication of what is planned for the ongoing development/maintenance of the product.

What new features are planned for upcoming releases etc.

Regards

Mark
paul-white

Re: STATEMENT OF DIRECTION

Post by paul-white »

mlancaster wrote:Hi All

I'm a long time user of Textpad (nearly 10 years), so I was very excited to see some development activity again with Release 5.

What I would love to see published is a "Statement of Direction", giving an indication of what is planned for the ongoing development/maintenance of the product.
I voted 'Yes' but it's not going to happen. Helios have never discussed in public their intentions for TextPad. I stopped using it several years ago when I needed Regular Expressions support that was more comprehensive and easier to use than what I had in TextPad. I've not upgraded to 5.0 and doubt that I will for some time. I still have the floppy disk that my original copy of TextPad was supplied on, version 1.??. I call back here every few months but until full Perl-type RegEx support is included I won't use TextPad. So I would look at any "Statement of Direction" with that one point in mind. When I know it's coming I'll download and upgrade.