Next release of Textpad 5.x

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

gan

Next release of Textpad 5.x

Post by gan »

Is there any estimated date where we could expect a Textpad release 5.01?

Since 5.00 contains so many bugs it would be interesting to know when we can expect to see a new release where all or most of the addressed issues is solved.
Drxenos

Re: Next release of Textpad 5.x

Post by Drxenos »

gan wrote:Is there any estimated date where we could expect a Textpad release 5.01?

Since 5.00 contains so many bugs it would be interesting to know when we can expect to see a new release where all or most of the addressed issues is solved.
This is what people get for pissing and moaning, and whining and threating Helios, and forced them to release on the whiners timetable and not their own. At least, that is my assessment. I wish Helios would not have blinked, and bowed to the pressure. The vocal minority bitches until they got a new release. Now they will bitch because it is not what they want.

I don't understand why people say they have given up on TextPad and found something "better," then still come back here to pitch a fit. If you think you've found the greener grass, then fine, go away and good ridden to ya. (Not necessarily you, Gan. I don't recall you having done the above.)
gan

Post by gan »

Well yeah i been using textpad for a long time and think is the best text editor. I like version 5, but it's a bit buggy so curious if a new release with some bugfixes is expected soon. If not then i'll stick to version 4.7.3 for now, but would be nice to know.
derek325

Post by derek325 »

Drxenos, I know that you don't understand "why people say they have given up on TextPad and found something "better," then still come back here to pitch a fit." Where I came from this is know as democratic freedom of speech. This concept, which you find so alien, is the inherent human right to voice one's opinion publicly. I do not understand why you listen to opinions which annoy you so much. You are free to read selectively. This forum is open to everyone, yes, even to people who happen not to share your opinions, and are thus classified as retarded because they enjoy "pissing and moaning, and whining" without clear motivation. So be it.

Good editor, if you do not mind bugs and do not use Unicode, and do not care about lack of interface uniformity with Vista, and do not mind lack of comments from the developers, and can wait a few years for the fixes and enhancements. If this is what you like, it is really good. 5.1 in 2010?
Drxenos

Post by Drxenos »

You completely miss the point. I have no issue with free speech. What kind of argument is that, anyways? Are you saying you come here and complain simply because you feel you have the right to? You don't think that is a waste of your time? You have spouted off several times in this forum about your right to free speech and some sinister plot to squelch it by those that disagree with you. I find it very interesting, though, that you immediately assumed my post was directed at you--very telling. And I have yet to call you or anyone else in this forum a retard. Nor do I remember anyone else calling you names. Do you have perceptions of persecution?

I, too, have freedom of speech. It does not infringe on yours if I say I feel you add nothing of value to any discussions here, and I wish you would go away. I don't expect you to share my opinions (that would make for a very boring world). Just have something more interesting to say than the same tired, old rhetoric.

And it's off-topic, but I will clue you in on a big misconception. From your ranting about democracy and freedom of speech, I assume you are from the US (as am I). The 1st amendment protects us from government, not each other. You have no inherent human right to freedom of speech in this or any other privately owned forum. This is Helios' forum, and they may legality delete yours, mine, or anyone else's posts.
Tomas Eklund

Post by Tomas Eklund »

I think it all boils down to poor communication. It's also poor communication to call it Textpad 5.0. It should have been called Textpad 5.0 Beta or Textpad 5.0 RC1.
gan

Post by gan »

Tomas Eklund wrote:I think it all boils down to poor communication. It's also poor communication to call it Textpad 5.0. It should have been called Textpad 5.0 Beta or Textpad 5.0 RC1.
I agree that the communication could be better. I think Helios would do them self and everyone else a favor if they could give us some more information. Except from that i been using textpad for a long time and like the product. I have no intention to stop using textpad, but would appreciate some more info. Like the question which this thread actually is about when we can expect to see TP 5.01. I'm still waiting for a reply. I'm sure they have some more information so we would know if TP 5.01 is to be released soon or not. It's not like i'm asking for an exact date and time.