Amulet Compiler Jump To File

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

nathani

Amulet Compiler Jump To File

Post by nathani »

I'm using a specialized html comiler to program an lcd screen. I'm trying to set up the jump to file function from the compiler error output. I've been looking around for about 20 minutes now and I can't figure out this regular expression stuff. I need to get back to development. The ouput is this

Code: Select all

<Compiling OSCheck.html>
<Compiling Sleeping.htm>
    Using Defines.h for macro expansion.
    Using RAMINIT.ini for initializing InternalRAM.
<Compiling RoomSelect.htm>
ERROR: RoomSelect.htm(24) -- Can't find file: C:\Projects\AmuletTouchScreenInterface\ValidFirmwareVersions.htm
<FATAL ERROR!  Compile aborted>
ERROR: Compile Failed!

Tool completed with exit code -1
I'm wondering if any of you can tell me what my regular expression should be and what the registers need to be set to. If not, i'd appreciate a link to a good tutorial. Thanks in advance for the help and sorry i'm such a newb at this,

Nathan
bveldkamp

Post by bveldkamp »

For instance

Code: Select all

^ERROR: ([^\(]+)\(([0-9]+)

File: 1
Line: 2

Configure > Preferences > Editor > [X] POSIX
nathani

Post by nathani »

Hmm Didn't work, I get a " Unmatche '( or }' " message.

Thanks for the help though. I can't make heads or tails of this thing.
ben_josephs

Post by ben_josephs »

Check Berend's solution carefully. It is correct. He specified Posix regular expression syntax:
Configure | Preferences | Editor

[X] Use POSIX regular expression syntax
nathani

Post by nathani »

Yeah, sifting through this and other resources on regular expressions I noticed a lot of confusion with the POSIX syntax. So I made sure to check that. Unfortunately it isn't working for me. Do I have to set a default folder to look in, because I noticed this compiler doesn't give a full path name.
bveldkamp

Post by bveldkamp »

It works even without a filename (Tidy, for instance), so apparantly the command results are tied to one specific file and you don't need a full path.

If, when you double-click on a line, it says "Cannot jump to item under the cursor" in the statusbar, there's probably still something wrong with the regular expression. Did you copy/paste it? And did you check the file and line registers?