Java Programs You Created...

Using the Java SDK with TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, helios, bbadmin, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

HeatR216

Java Programs You Created...

Post by HeatR216 »

Anyone got any good programs that you created using Java in TextPad. I'm taking this class and i want to see what can be done using Java. feel free to share...
jesusfr3ak4evr

good programs?

Post by jesusfr3ak4evr »

Any good programs meaning useful programs? Not really. :P This is my first year doing Java programming, and I'm doing it as an AP class for school (which I'm not taking very seriously). The most advanced program I've done was just a password program with certain characteristics. It had 13 separate .java files and a sum of probably 1500 lines of code.

Today I made a program during class that was about 100 lines. It was a console application that accepted from the user their month, day, and year of birth. The purpose for me was to re-familiarize myself with while loops, try and catch statements, and just simple java syntax. Tomorrow I think I'll try to modify the program to use JOptionPane messages instead of a boring console.

A friend of mine at another school created a neat game. It's 30 pages of code, but unfortunately it won't run for me cause apparently the tools she used to create it must be on my machine... something of that sort.

Anyway, I still consider myself a newb at java programming, but I enjoy what I actually do program. I just joined these forums today. Since I plan to major in Computer Engineering and minor in Computer Science at the University of Maryland Baltimore County next fall, I decided to see what cool things are possible with java. I'd really like to start with some game design (doesn't everyone?), even if it's simple stuff.