Mouse pointer should disappear or hide during keyboard input

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

rlattpcom

Mouse pointer should disappear or hide during keyboard input

Post by rlattpcom »

Hi all,

ms explorer does it, notepad does it, word does it, and ConText does it (if the following switch is on in ConText's settings).
hide mousepointer on input
And i really would very much like to have the pointer disappearing by configuration in TextPad also. :arrow:

Motivation is to save redundant mouse moves toward or from window edge which become advisable every so often one actually starts or stops typing text. If i don't move the mouse then its pointer usually stays "in the way" within the text field or somewhere else. In many system configurations the mouse pointer will assume a shape very similar to the actual input cursor, because apparently TextPad assigns it the generic Windows "Text I-beam" style. So we have 2 "cursors" in the field until our false friend is moved away by user activity - but not out-of-sight, however.

I checked "Microsoft Applications" for hotkey compatibility and "Microsoft Conventions" for mouse selection. Maybe i overlooked something truly basic all the time whatsoever. My only consolation is then i'm probably not the first such victim.
I'm a licensed steadfast TP user, having combed this site and found a "designed for XP" in the helps, and tried TP 473 and 462 on Windows XPro SP1/2 and would be very happy to receive comments on how to achieve a better behavior for this case.

Thanks everybody
Ralf