Project management

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

lgrabun

Project management

Post by lgrabun »

Hi there,

I am in a quest of searching for a text editor that would enable me to manage projects consisting of a number of files. For example, PSPad is such an editor - it can handle projects which means I can search in files that belong to a certain project, I can search/replace strings in those files and so on. However, PSPad is somewhat obese and big. I am not sure whether I would ever need its capabilities; TextPad is lighter and more friendly (at least it seems to me) but it still provides a number of useful features. The question is: is Texpad capable of handling projects that consists of number of files? What I am thinking of is a separete window with a tree view of files in a project, a feature of search/replace in all project files (I know I can s/r in all open files but, I guess, noone would expect me to open all 30 files to perform so simple operation) and so on...

It could also be that I didn't actually explore all functions of TextPad. Please excuse my ignorance, in that case, and guide to a proper URL or section of documentation. Thanks in advance.
Bob Hansen

Post by Bob Hansen »

Check out the WorkSpace features of TextPad for a method of working with Projects.
Hope this was helpful.............good luck,
Bob
lgrabun

Post by lgrabun »

Bob Hansen wrote:Check out the WorkSpace features of TextPad for a method of working with Projects.
Yeah, workspaces are somewhat similar to what I need though I can't figure how does one list all files in a project... There is a tree view but it is not possible to place all files in virtual folders (files can be assigned only to their "true" physical paths which is not what I require). Nonetheless, I will tinker with it, thank you for your reply.
lionelb

Post by lionelb »

This is a long-standing enhancement request - vote on it here: http://www.textpad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4216
Lionel B