Readonly workspace?

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

scott1

Readonly workspace?

Post by scott1 »

Hi,

I want to create a workspace, open the desired files for that workspace, then mark the workspace readonly. So, if I open the workspace, then open additional files, if I close Textpad and reopen the workspace, only the original files are opened. Currently, if I do this, when I reopen the workspace I get all the files that wear open when I closed Textpad.

Can this be done short of marking the *.tws file readonly at the file system level?

Thanks,
Scott
helios

Post by helios »

If you use the File menu option Workspace/Close, you are given the opportunity to save the changes to the Workspace. If you press No, then any additional documents will not be saved in the Workspace, and the original set of files will be preserved.

You can create a keyboard shotcut for WorkspaceClose, if you don't want to use the menu for this purpose.

I hope this helps.
Helios Software Solutions
scott1

Post by scott1 »

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping I could make this work even when I select File --> Exit or more typically click the "X" icon to close Textpad. Perhaps making a workspace readonly can be a future Textpad enhancement?