Automatic loading of Text Pad at Windows startup

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

MasterCougar

Automatic loading of Text Pad at Windows startup

Post by MasterCougar »

Hi,
I could not find this. Textpad loads automatically full screen everytime windows boots up. I cannot find the method of controlling this.
Bob Hansen

Post by Bob Hansen »

There are numerous ways that this could be happening. Here are some things you could check out:

The easiest place to check is in the StartUp folder. Could have TextPad in there, or even a document that is associated with TextPad.
Also look in win.ini, lines for Load, Run.
Check the Registry: Run, Run Once, Run as a Service.
Called by another program that is in one of these locations.
Hope this was helpful.............good luck,
Bob
MasterCougar

Post by MasterCougar »

Sorry, this didn't help me at all, though it gave me good information. Checked all those places and could not figure it out.
Jan Paul

Post by Jan Paul »

Hi,

There are several tools on the net which can give you an insight about all programs that are getting started with windows.
Do a google serarch with the keywords "startup windows" and install such a program. This should help get rid of unwanted startup programs.
Some examples are Absolute Startup and iTweakU.

This is not a TextPad problem, just a "normal" windows functionality.

If this problem occurs often, you can try to install a "statup monitor" program. Just do a google search. There are several shareware and freeware programs out there. The programs mentioned above are also startup monitors.

Hope this helps,
Jan Paul
helios

Post by helios »

You say that you've checked the Startup menu, but try going to the General Preferences page in TextPad and see if the Startup menu option is ticked. If it is, un-tick it and click Apply.

I hope this helps.
Helios Software Solutions
MasterCougar

Post by MasterCougar »

You say that you've checked the Startup menu, but try going to the General Preferences page in TextPad and see if the Startup menu option is ticked. If it is, un-tick it and click Apply
Thank you. Actually I figured it out. You see, it says, "Startup Menu" so I was thinking of the list on the tastbar, the shortcut. Now TextPad behaves as I wish. Once again I feel vindicated in my choice of editor, so much I did pay for it.