FORUM PROGRAM glitch

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

mo

FORUM PROGRAM glitch

Post by mo »

If I am not mistaken there are two login routines in this program. I regularly clear out all my temporary internet files which means I need to login fresh regularly. Just as regularly, if that login is accompanied by a post, I need to login twice, once to see the Forum Index, and once to post. There may be other combinations that are causing the need for loging in twice, as this happens to me very frequently. I login and see that I am not logged in. Yes I check the box to keep me logged in.
Best Wishes!
Mike Olds
bbadmin
Site Admin

Post by bbadmin »

I've seen this behavior and think it may be due to a bug in IE. Try deleting your cookies, then restart IE.

Keith MacDonald
Helios Software Solutions
mo

Post by mo »

I don't find it difficult to believe it could be i.e., but this is happening after I have deleted my cookies and history and have restarted i.e. Once I get it to show up that I am logged in, the problem does not recur until I clean out the cookies again.
Best Wishes!
Mike Olds
lionelb

Post by lionelb »

I have this problem intermittently using Mozilla 1.6 ... not today though, for some reason.
Lionel B
agnul

Post by agnul »

Same here using Firefox.

It seems like if I login using www.textpad.com/forum instead of just textpad.com/forum I need to login twice.

I'd guess its a cookie related thing, i.e. the session cookie is not sent along as soon as you are redirected to textpad.com/forum instead of www.textpad.com/forum.

The workaround for me is to access the forum with the shorter URL.