need Next / Prev Document command

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

Yaroukh

need Next / Prev Document command

Post by Yaroukh »

Hi

Is there a way to switch to (activate) the next/prev opened document? (A keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+PgUp/Ctrl+PgDown always coming to my mind when I need this command.)
Sometimes the intelligent document switching (when TextPad remembers some list of last active documents) is pretty annoying. (One must grab the mouse to pick the desired document when it hasn't been active for a longer time.) And I'd like to see a command in TextPad which would activate the next-on-tabbedDocumentSelector document.

Did I miss something or does TextPad miss such commands?

(I thought this could be solved by WindowPaneNext/WindowPanePrev commands, but they seem to have another purpose.)

bye
Yaroukh
s_reynisson

Post by s_reynisson »

WindowNext is Ctrl-Tab by default and WindowPrev is Ctrl-Shift-Tab, take
a look at Configure->Preferences->Keyboard. You can reassign Ctrl-PgUp
and Ctrl-PgDown to them. HTH
Then I open up and see
the person fumbling here is me
a different way to be
Yaroukh

once again :o)

Post by Yaroukh »

No, I believe you're wrong. Ctrl-(Shift-)Tab by default switches between LAST USED documents (within some last-used-documents queue); which is not what I want.
Let's say I need to switch to some document that wasn't active for a while; I can see that the document is (on the tabbed document selector) on the right of the active one. But at this moment Ctrl-Tab switches to the previously active document - not the one on the right side of the active one.

The difference is that Ctrl-(Shift-)Tab is for next/prev document in a mean of time (last use of the document); I'd like to have commends for next/prev document in a mean of its location on the tabbed document selector.

thanks for reply anyways :o)

bye
Yaroukh