Document Selector Bug

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

BenjiSmith

Document Selector Bug

Post by BenjiSmith »

After clicking in the Document Selector to select a document, the focus is usually transferred to the document that was selected. BUT, if the document has been changed by another application, and TextPad has to refresh that document, then the focus remains in the Document Selector. At that point, if I use the Up/Down or Home/End or PageUp/PageDown keys, it scrolls through the documents in the document selector rather than scrolling throught the file I just selected.

I'm using TextPad 4.7.2 on Windows XP.
s_reynisson

Post by s_reynisson »

Unable to confirm possible bug. Using same TP version, WinXPsp1.
Can you use Configure->Preferences->File->When files are modified by another process, "Ignore"? HTH
Then I open up and see
the person fumbling here is me
a different way to be
michaeldinning

Post by michaeldinning »

I can reproduce the effect on 4.7.2, windows NT4 SP6

Setting When files are modified by another process to "Ignore" obviously stops the problem because the files are not reloaded. I guess the original poster is wanting to reload the document so has it set to Prompt or auto-reload. When changing documents using the selector and if prompted to reload, after clicking yes the focus stays in the document selector. When clicking no, (or generally when clicking in the document selector) the focus switches away from the selector to the selected document. This is what (in my opinion) should also happen when the document is reloaded.
cpcjones

Post by cpcjones »

This issue has been slowing me down as well (v4.7.2, WinXP Pro). Auto-reload fixes the problem but as the document in question is a trace log file TextPad dings away like Tubular Bells while my test app runs, and I don't want to turn off audible alerts as I find them useful for circular Finds.

I for one would be very grateful if this was fixed as I keep switching to my updated trace log file, hitting the Y key for Yes, then hitting the End key to see the latest log entries, at which point the document at the bottom of the document selector is selected.

If there was a key to move the focus back to the document from the document selector that would be a good enough workaround, is there?

-Chris Jones