COLOR assigned to the dashes for CURRENT LINE is not showing

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

no.cache

COLOR assigned to the dashes for CURRENT LINE is not showing

Post by no.cache »

I just installed 4.7 and set up a custom color in my Preferences for the dashes that highlight current line. The color does not show up, even though in the preferences window itself they are correctly displayed.

I've tried closing out Textpad twice now but cannot get the feature to implement properly.

Skye
MudGuard

Post by MudGuard »

Did you set the color for the correct document class?

For me it works, I have bright red dashed lines...
no.cache

Post by no.cache »

Apparently the dashes will not show up if you merely assign it to your DEFAULT settings. Until I physically set it up under the TXT class it wouldn't take.

I guess DEFAULT is worthless for this feature.
talleyrand

Post by talleyrand »

As much as I enjoy new features, I don't think the dashes are my thing. So, I right-click Properties, Colors, Current Line, Foreground and set it as my background color. I apply changes and I get a grey dashed line. After a few rounds of making sure I have actually selected my background color I grabbed a different color. Works a-ok. Therefore, one cannot set their foreground to match their background color which is fine and dandy and programatically makes sense. However, I need a way to turn off the current line highlighting or I my cheese may slip off my cracker. For now, I've simply grabbed my background color and added one to the saturation or luminosity but if there's a better way, I'm all ears.

Thanks. Otherwise I love TextPad and look forward to playing with the new features.
sundvor

Post by sundvor »

talleyrand wrote:However, I need a way to turn off the current line highlighting or I my cheese may slip off my cracker.
Tsk, tsk, this was mentioned in the release notes ;)

Go the preferences {CTRL+Q,P} then goto view, then deselect "highlight the line containing the cursor".

j
--
Registered Textpad user since 1997.
talleyrand

Post by talleyrand »

^^^
Doh! I had read that but it didn't sink in. I kept looking under Document Classes for the feature. Thank you so very much for the enlightenment.
TRAFFICBLOWS

Post by TRAFFICBLOWS »

The current-line highlighting isn't my thing either, but it's not easy to find how to turn off until you read this thread. Maybe it could be turned off by default in a new install?
tacke

Post by tacke »

Hi,
Someone know how I can set the background color for current line ?
(Seems to not work for whole row, only for margin (up and down))

Thanks.