v 9.3.1 Multiple problems with doc tabs: Document tabs cannot be reordered

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, helios, bbadmin, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

lontjr

v 9.3.1 Multiple problems with doc tabs: Document tabs cannot be reordered

Post by lontjr »

In previous versions, (e.g., 8.1.2) I could left click and drag document tabs on the workspace to alter the order. The order in which a newly opened file seemed to be left-side first, and that was not where I wanted to see them.

The tabs look different as well, but you already know this: 8.1.2, tabs are trapezoid shapes, 9.3.1 are straight up rectangles.

For 9.3.1, the left-click drag shows a new icon, looks like a document, but dragging it anywhere except to another horizontal tab group has no effect. Is there some new behaviour here I need to find?

Further, right-click on a tab, choose "Move to new instance", fails with Windows message "Textpad has stopped working". Windows wrings its hands, stops that process, but the base TextPad instance does not seem to be affected, no changes noted.

Not specifically 9.3.1, I've seen this on previous versions: Right-click on doc tab, choose "Browse Folder", the entry must gather up Windows File Explorer to do the work, and it hangs with a semi-permanent hourglass. This is not surprising to me, Win File Exp is possibly the most inefficient file manager in existence.
robtcody

Re: v 9.3.1 Multiple problems with doc tabs: Document tabs cannot be reordered

Post by robtcody »

I have the same problem in that I cannot reorder the document tabs via a left-click and drag. I see this function was working right up to v9.3.1
I see it worked in v7.5.1 & v9.2.0 but the function is gone in v9.3.1

I also agree that the cosmetics of v9.3.1 is ugly. The prior versions had rounded corners on the tabs and toolbars. I will go back to v9.2.0 after this post.

Bob
Connecticut, USA
bbadmin
Site Admin

Post by bbadmin »

This regression with reordering document tabs will be fixed in the next release. Thanks for reporting it.

I can't reproduce the "Move to new instance" issue.
Phillip Eaton

Post by Phillip Eaton »

I've just upgraded from v8 to v9 and I've also come across the tab reordering issue.

Looking forward to a fix! 👍
bbadmin
Site Admin

Post by bbadmin »

This is fixed in 9.4.0 which was released on Sunday.