Auto update for corporate users??

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, helios, bbadmin, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

TP4FM2023

Auto update for corporate users??

Post by TP4FM2023 »

I packaged 8.x and within a 30 period we are now in v9.x. It's kind of hard to keep track with these updates. Is there a way corporate users can implement auto updates?
AmigoJack

Re: Auto update for corporate users??

Post by AmigoJack »

Forgive me for being in the IT for only 28 years yet, but couldn't it be so easy as to download https://www.textpad.com/download or https://www.textpad.com/news every 48 hours and then to check if it's identical to the download from before? Let alone parsing its content for all headings...

Should the subscription feature be allowed here you can just sign up to be notified whenever a new version is announced.
TP4FM2023

Post by TP4FM2023 »

You're forgiven :) You probably missed the main point here. In a corporate environment, we are talking about thousands of users and TextPad is pushed through SCCM as an example. As an IT person, you cannot keep on packaging the application every other day when a new version is out. I think one can do with powershell script, just checking with the users here whether one has that kind of script.
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

Now you can subscribe to the "Annoucements" forum at the bottom left - that will notify you whenever there is a new topic (and thus a new version) available. I'm sure that should help in automation, or at least in tracking news.
20230302 phpBB forum subscribe.png
20230302 phpBB forum subscribe.png (57.25 KiB) Viewed 402 times