Textpad 9.0.1 does not open text files at the first double click

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, helios, bbadmin, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

wvd_vegt

Textpad 9.0.1 does not open text files at the first double click

Post by wvd_vegt »

When I double click a text file icon on my desktop, textpad 9.0.1 starts, but it does not load the text document.

A second double click at the text file icon is needed to actually open the file.

Textoad does not open any document window at the first double click (no matter the setting under general)
Wim van der Vegt
Huxley

Re: Textpad 9.0.1 does not open text files at the first double click

Post by Huxley »

I see the same thing. When multiple files are selected in the WIN11 Explorer, double clicking, or 'Open with', opens all but one. (If I choose 6, only 5 are opened.)

Also surprised that installing v9 removed v8 without warning... note that Textpad 8 is not removed from the Windows 'Send to ...' options list.
teach5th

Post by teach5th »

Same issue here, 9.0.1. This happened with the upgrade from 8 to 9. Relevant Windows 10 associations seem valid, and TextPad is configured to replace Notepad.
bbadmin
Site Admin

Post by bbadmin »

This will be fixed in the next release.
thompson87

Post by thompson87 »

My IT department recently upgraded my TextPad to 9.3 on a new laptop and I'm having this same problem. I reviewed the release notes for updated versions since 9.3.1 and I see nothing indicating this has been fixed. Please make this a priority and/or post a work-around.