V9 - sorting of new tabs

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, helios, bbadmin, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

daniel.337

V9 - sorting of new tabs

Post by daniel.337 »

Hi there,

I mean that I got the answer for this for v7 or v8 some years ago, but now I cannot remember nor find any option for this behaviour.

I would like to adjust the settings for new tabs in the new version 9 of TextPad. Up to now this was fine, but after the update new tabs are created on the left side of the actual tab instead of the right (ascending) ...

Where and how can I change this to the behaviour of before?

Daniel
bbadmin
Site Admin

Post by bbadmin »

Please upgrade to TextPad 9.0.1 where the tabs are created on the left.
daniel.337

Post by daniel.337 »

But that's exact my question or problem: I am on 9.0.1 - and it's the same as in 9.0.0 - the order of new created tabs begins from the right to left, so a new document tab is created at the beginning of the tab bar.

In the past I mean there has been an option in v8 where I could adjust this behaviour - cause I would like to have new tabs ascending, so on the right (next) of the actual tab.
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

daniel.337 wrote:I mean
(Whenever he writes this he means "I think" in the sense of "in my opinion" - it's a common mistake for Germans translating this word by word.)
gspatel62

Post by gspatel62 »

daniel.337 wrote:But that’s exact my question or problem: I am on 9.0.1 - and it’s the same as in 9.0.0 - the order of new created tabs begins from the right to left, so a new document tab is created at the beginning of the tab bar.

In the past I mean there has been an option in v8 where I could adjust this behaviour - cause I would like to have new tabs ascending, so on the right (next) of the actual tab.
Same issue here. I would like the option of a new document opening in a tab to the right of the current document, not the left. Perhaps this could be provided as an option in the config/preferences?
Coemgen

Post by Coemgen »

gspatel62 wrote:... I would like the option of a new document opening in a tab to the right of the current document, not the left. Perhaps this could be provided as an option in the config/preferences?
Agreed, that is a good feature.
daniel.337

Re: V9 - sorting of new tabs

Post by daniel.337 »

This feature is back in the new version 9.1.0 - great, thank you! :-)