Text cursor jumping arouind

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, helios, bbadmin, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

WayneCa

Text cursor jumping arouind

Post by WayneCa »

I just bought a new laptop last month. It's a HP Pavilion 64-bit gaming laptop running Windows 11. I installed TextPad on it by copying it from my old laptop (also a 64-bit HP Pavilion, but older) and downloaded the latest version to update it.

The problem I'm having is every time I go to select or cut text as soon as I touch the shift or control key the cursor jumps to wherever the mouse cursor is currently sitting on the screen. It also does this after cutting text and as I go to move the text cursor using the arrow keys.

I don't know why it is doing this, and this behavior seems to be only happening in TextPad. It doesn't happen in Word or in Notepad.

Edit: I noticed today that if the text cursor is not at the beginning of a line and I move the cursor up or down to a blank line using the arrow keys or clicking the blank line with the mouse that the text cursor doesn't appear on the blank line. But if I move the text cursor to the beginning of a line and then move it to a blank line, then the text cursor appears on the blank line.

Edit 2: I found that if I move the mouse cursor up onto the menu bar area that the problem stops occurring. It apparently has something to do with the mouse cursor being over the editing pane that is causing the issue.