Screen Location

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

dforrest

Screen Location

Post by dforrest »

Is there a way to make the TextPad window open at a particular screen location (or to save the last screen location)?
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

TextPad 8.1.2 remembers its window position for me. As your question is slightly ambiguous: you want TextPad to start and display its window on a given position, right?

"Screen" is a technical term, as in having 2 or even more monitors - but I think you don't want to instruct TextPad to be displayed on a given screen. Although it'd be a "why not" feature when implementing a parameter like "/Window=x,y,w,h".
dforrest

Post by dforrest »

AmigoJack wrote:TextPad 8.1.2 remembers its window position for me. As your question is slightly ambiguous: you want TextPad to start and display its window on a given position, right?

"Screen" is a technical term, as in having 2 or even more monitors - but I think you don't want to instruct TextPad to be displayed on a given screen. Although it'd be a "why not" feature when implementing a parameter like "/Window=x,y,w,h".
You first paragraph is correct. Sorry for the ambiguity. I see my problem now. I have two monitors and am expecting it to open on the secondary monitor at the position where I closed it on the previous, use but it does not. It reverts opens on the primary monitor. Can this be overcome?