6.1.3 Will NOT install

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

RonL

6.1.3 Will NOT install

Post by RonL »

I just tried to "upgrade" my licensed textpad 5 to the lastest 6.1.3 version.
Installing will start after a few Next's but during installtion I get a dialog asking me for my textpad installation: textpad 5.msi C:\DOCUME~1\«username»\LOCALS~1\Temp\{7A871885-7689-4F5A-8F35-B487BBD3D7F8}\

But as I clean up my temp folders regularly this install is NOT there anymore and the installer for Textpad5 is an EXE and not an msi.

The installation of version 6 cannot continue and version 5 is still on my system... How can I install the latest version?
woho

Post by woho »

read the other posts.
maybe you are lucky to stick to v 5 :wink:
ntaylor

Post by ntaylor »

I've had difficulty installing 6.1.3 and 6.2.2, without uninstalling 6.1.0, and here's what I found.
The setup program copies <<textpad 6.msi>> to a temporary folder in <<...\AppData\Local\Temp>> and then terminates the installation when it cannot find <<txpeng610.msi>> in the just-created temporary folder.
The solution that worked for me was to uninstall 6.1.0, and then do the install of the later version. All the user settings appear to be preserved.
I'm using Windows 7 Enterprise, fully patched.
Hope this helps.
wangna

Post by wangna »

The solution that worked for me was to uninstall 6.1.0, and then do the install of the later version. All the user settings appear to be preserved.

bixing