Requiem for TextPad?

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

textpad-fan

Requiem for TextPad?

Post by textpad-fan »

Well, well, well, March have passed and the voiced update http://forums.textpad.com/viewtopic.php ... ght=#38594 didn't show up. Moderators seem to be inactive and Helios last post is dated Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:37 pm. Consequently TexPad seems to be dead, unless something big, pops up anytime soon, or Helios say hello telling us what to expect from now on.

In the mean time I have installed Pxxxx, although it is not what I really like because TexPad still has some features that Pxxxx lacks. The question is: Will I get used to another editor or will I die using the old TextPad forever? I must confess that I still use a couple of applications that are pretty old, like Photoimpact SE ver 3.02 (could you believe that?) so who knows.... :cry:
twa_priv

Post by twa_priv »

Are you really surprised given the TextPad's update history? And bbadmin didn't mention the year of the scheduled update...
textpad-fan

Post by textpad-fan »

twa_priv wrote:Are you really surprised given the TextPad's update history? And bbadmin didn't mention the year of the scheduled update...
No. What surprises me is that it seems that they have abandoned us.
Look closely. Even spammers are testing the forum access?
hankster

Post by hankster »

Why the cryptic reference to the other editor you're using? How 'bout sharing that info, as I'm also looking for a Textpad replacement. The Crimson editor looks promising.

Hank
textpad-fan

Post by textpad-fan »

Mark, read this:

http://forums.textpad.com/viewtopic.php?t=8295

If you use Textpad you're a knowledgeable person so use your imagination.
textpad-fan

Post by textpad-fan »

By the way...

There is a moderator deleting spam. Hmmm. Is there a light at the end of the tunnel?