Last opened workspace does not show up in workspace list

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

scottbass

Last opened workspace does not show up in workspace list

Post by scottbass »

Hi,

TextPad 5.3.1...

I've configured TextPad to display the last 16 workspaces. The list is full with 16 previously opened workspaces.

When I do File --> Workspace, the list does not show my last (several) workspaces, and I have to go hunting for it.

Shouldn't TextPad recycle the 16 workspaces, swapping out the oldest last accessed workspace when a new one is created/opened?

Is this by design or a bug?

Thanks,
Scott
scottbass

Post by scottbass »

So does Helios actually monitor these forums, and provide answers to legitimate questions?

According to http://www.textpad.com/support/, these forums are the first avenue for support.

Since Helios (or end users) have not replied to my post, I've submitted this issue via the Textpad feedback form (#3 in the above link). I suppose Helios can ignore that in addition to this post.

Helios, if you do bother to listen to your users, if my issue is a bug, can you add it to your internal bug tracking system to fix in a future release?
ak47wong

Post by ak47wong »

scottbass wrote:So does Helios actually monitor these forums, and provide answers to legitimate questions?
They do sometimes, but not very often.
scottbass wrote:Helios, if you do bother to listen to your users, if my issue is a bug, can you add it to your internal bug tracking system to fix in a future release?
I wouldn't hold your breath. There hasn't been a release in more than a year and there are hundreds of bugs and enhancement requests that have not been addressed.

Andrew
scottbass

Post by scottbass »

I'd gladly use UltraEdit, but there are still some features in TextPad that UltraEdit doesn't. Little things, like always seeming to know where to position the cursor when I hit the down arrow.

So, even though Helios' communication with users and overall support leaves much to be desired, I still use TextPad and recommend its use within my company.

If we could only combine the functionality of TextPad with the customer support of UltraEdit...