When is a new version of Textpad being released?

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

neimad

When is a new version of Textpad being released?

Post by neimad »

I really need some of these Windows7 incompatibilities fixed, ASAP... my productivity is really being impacted by some features of Textpad being incompatible with Windows 7.
Tomas Eklund

Re: When is a new version of Textpad being released?

Post by Tomas Eklund »

What are these incompatibilities? Is this official?

I was just about to acquire a second TextPad license for my new Windows 7 computer, but if there are compatibility issues I'll look around for another editor. I "know" TextPad is just some kind of spare time project, and us loyal users are used to the constant waiting, but not even making sure it's supporting the current OS version would be rather bad.
neimad

Post by neimad »

Line numbers dissapear when a text file is split vertically or horizontally. I often use line numbers to jump around a document and when they dissapear, I have no frame of reference to jump around quickly. This causes me a lot of frustration. I've found that this is a bug unique to textpad running on windows 7.

Other people have had a difficult time installing and running textpad on windows 7. I had some trouble too at first, but after tweaking permissions and compatability, I am able to work with textpad on win7.

There are probably a few other compatability issues with textpad and win7.

I just wish there were any indication at all that a fix is on the way, or that the project has not be abandoned.

Win7 has proven to be problematic in a few other ways, unrelated to textpad. I was at first very enthusiastic about win7, but the more I useit the more I miss XP. If Win7-SP1 doesn't fix some issues I have (and it probably won't), I will have no choice but to switch back to XP for the sake of my productivity :(
darethas

Post by darethas »

It is obvious that Windows 7 Users are having many problems with the current version of Textpad, I myself being one of them. Being a paid user, I am tapping my foot, impatiently, waiting for the next release. Windows 7 has been out for months now guys, lets get on the ball please.

Neimad, just because textpad doesn't work in Win7 doesn't mean thats a reason to downgrade back to XP, unless you terribly miss it that much, there are other IDEs and programs like Textpad out there. Have you tried jGRASP?
matthew

Post by matthew »

On Vista / Win 7 I'm also having line number problems on split windows (when you hide the Document Tabs view).

I placed my comments in this post:
http://forums.textpad.com/viewtopic.php?p=35662

I am also a 5+ year paid user and would like this one fixed (as line numbers are essential when splitting windows so you can find your reference and quickly move around).

Cheers,
Matt