How to restore document windows after using New Tab Group

Instructional HowTos, posted by users. No questions here please.

Moderators: AmigoJack, helios, bbadmin, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

sosimple

How to restore document windows after using New Tab Group

Post by sosimple »

How to restore document windows after using these commands from the "Window" menu in TextPad 5.2.0:
"New Horizontal Tab Group"
"New Vertical Tab Group"
"Tile Horizontally"
"Tile Vertically"

I like using "Document Tabs" and I sometimes need to visually compare 2 or 3 files, either vertically (side-by-side), or horizontally (over-under).

I prefer using Tab Groups with Document Tabs enabled, rather than using standard "Tile Horizontally" and "Tile Vertically" with Document Tabs disabled, because with Document Tabs enabled, the size of the individual tiles automatically increase and decrease proportionately, if you maximize or adjust the TextPad window/interface.

Otherwise, using regular tiling with Document Tabs disabled, results in fixed window sizes for each document window, which causes the window view to be cropped as you adjust the size of the TextPad window.

The problem is, once you have selected to create two or more Tab Groups, there are no menu choices or buttons to return to a single tab group by combining all tab groups back to a single tabbed document window.

Also, you can't even switch to "Cascade" and then "Maximize", because these are not available with Document Tabs enabled.

The first time this happened to me, I kept trying things and just made a mess by opening more and more Tab Groups.

The way to restore things is to switch OFF Document Tabs. Then when you switch Document Tabs back on, you will be back to a single Tabbed document window.

Kevin