9.1.0 Some user entries on Tools menu are disabled

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

rcourtois

9.1.0 Some user entries on Tools menu are disabled

Post by rcourtois »

TextPad 9.1.0 (64 bit version):

I recently went through the tools I had defined in Configure/Preferences.../Tools and deleted some that were no longer needed. After that, some of the user tools that display after the standard items on the Tools menu display as inactive, and I'm not sure why. I tried looking at entries that display as active and inactive to look for differences, but don't see a reason why the inactive entries display that way. I thought that maybe the path to the command was wrong, but copying a command from a tool that displays as active in the menu to one that displays as inactive didn't cause the inactive tool to start displaying as active. All of the tools that display as inactive are near the bottom of the Tools menu (I have 38 user tools total). Is there any way to control whether a tool is active in the Tools menu (I looked in the help doc, but didn't see anything about it)?
bbadmin
Site Admin

Re: 9.1.0 Some user entries on Tools menu are disabled

Post by bbadmin »

You have unearthed a long-standing bug which will be fixed in the next release. Thanks for reporting it.

Unfortunately, the only workaround is to delete the disabled tools and add them again.