Hot keys to Macros and Tools

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

mczajka

Hot keys to Macros and Tools

Post by mczajka »

It looks like I'm hitting the max folks, but just want to confirm. Using an old version of TextPad (4.7.3) because the newer ones can't handle/display certain ancient DOS characters (like the heart, club, etc.) we use in production, even using the Terminal font.

I can create up to 64 macros and 64 tools. I can create hotkeys for 64 macros. I only get the option to create 32 hotkeys for the first 64 tools. Is this what most of you get? Is this different in TP 8?

I'm transitioning a group from XyWrite (believe it or not) and they had a very comprehensive way to create Hotkeys to run programs using a settings file. I wish TP had something like this. Trying to push them into using the Clip file, but they love their hotkeys.
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

With Textpad 8.1.1 the "Macros" menu will only show 64 menu items for the macros at max, and Configure > Preferences > Keyboard > Macros will also only display 64 entries for custom macros, despite having more files in the folder.

This was a rather quick test but seems to show no difference to your experience. I'm not paying that much attention to macros anyway, as there's no convenient way to edit them.