Printing text files

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

insitus

Printing text files

Post by insitus »

I hardly print text files created with TextPad.
When I print them on laser printers, the oval print does not look dark.
I changed the font style into bold or other font types in preference. But their print out looks too weak.

So whenever I need to print text files, I open them with Microsoft Office WinWord. The print out always looks dark and sharp with WinWord.

Is there a way to print out darker?
bbadmin
Site Admin

Post by bbadmin »

Have you assigned the desired font and style to the printer on the font Preferences page for the particular Document Class that you are using?
insitus

Post by insitus »

Yes. I did. On the screen, I see the change of fonts. Looks good on the screen. But when printed, there was no change. I use mainly HP laser printer. I tried on Brother and Samsung laser printers. All text files printed out dull and looked the same. I see the same thing since with Windows XP. BTW, have you tried yourself to print txt files on laser printer?
ben_josephs

Post by ben_josephs »

insitus wrote:On the screen, I see the change of fonts... But when printed, there was no change.
Did you set the font for the printer?

Configure | Preferences | Document Classes | <Class> | Font | Scope | Printer
or
View | Document Properties | Font | Scope | Printer
insitus

Post by insitus »

Thanks for your reply. I did not know that I should change fonts for "printer". When I changed a font for printer, the change is seen in the printout.

Now, I have a related question. In Textpad, limited number of fonts are listed. How can I add more fonts like Arial or Times New Roman which we commonly usd in doc(s) document?