DEL or Cut in block mode does not work

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

mmihajlovic

DEL or Cut in block mode does not work

Post by mmihajlovic »

I am using TP for a lot of data manipulation in block (column) mode. Now, version 7.1 seems to have a bug. If I select column of text (one or more) from top of the file to the very bottom and try to delete it (or cut it) it does nothing. To accomplish this I need to select only to the line before the last and then it works but need to remember to delete my block on the last line too. It is very frustrating.

I tried in settings -> don't terminated the last line automatically, but to no avail. Maybe someone know something I don't.
kengrubb

Post by kengrubb »

I am using TP 7.1.0 (64 bit), and I'm not seeing this problem.

I tried in Block Select, and with Alt key held using the mouse.

I was going to suggest going into Preferences, Keyboard and check to see if somehow the Delete key was no longer assigned to EditDelete, but if you can make it happen then that ain't it.

64 bit or 32 bit version?
(2[Bb]|[^2].|.[^Bb])

That is the question.
mmihajlovic

Post by mmihajlovic »

I think I found the reason. I have in Settings->Editor->Do Not Constrain Cursor to Text, since that allows me to freely move around my large text files. If I constrain cursor to text then it works OK.

However, I still think this is a bug since I should be able to this no matter in what mode I am. It was working fine in previous versions (from 3 to 6).