Sort Macro List by Name

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

dbthj

Sort Macro List by Name

Post by dbthj »

I have created a bunch of Textpad Macros. I'm looking at the list, but it's hard to find the one I want because they are not listed by name alphabetically. I figure there must be an option somewhere to make this happen, but I can't find it.

How is this done?
ak47wong

Post by ak47wong »

This isn't the right forum for questions as this post explains.

Sorting the macros list is a manual process. Click Configure > Preferences > Macros and use the Move Up and Move Down buttons.
dbthj

Post by dbthj »

Umm... This is, I believe, a How-To forum for Textpad (Right? Not Right?). I asked how to do something in Textpad. This is not the right forum? Where else, pray, might one ask such a question?

Question 2: "Sort" and "Move-things-manually-one-item-at-a-time-and-one-slot-at-a-time" aren't quite the same. I guess the answer is "You can't sort them".
ben_josephs

Post by ben_josephs »

Have a look at the main forum page (http://forums.textpad.com/index.php), just below the link to the HOW-TOs page. You will see this:

Instructional HowTos, posted by users. No questions here please

Then have a look at the HOW-TOs page itself, in the title to the first message. You will see this:

PLEASE DO NOT POST QUESTIONS HERE

Have a look also within that message. You will see that the forum administrator has written:
Please do not post questions here. Use either the General or Java forum

This forum is for you to post helpful instructions on how you have done things with TextPad...