Workspace Request

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

fuzzbug

Workspace Request

Post by fuzzbug »

I love the workspace feature. I like having a dozen files open all the time. For quick access I arrange these in a particular order with the most frequently used ones on the left.

Sometimes when I open the workspace it arranges the files as I like them (i.e. as they were when I last saved the workspace)

Sometimes the files are all jumbled up and I have to reorder them the way I like them.

I hope there will be a small improvement in a future versions so that files in workspaces are always ordered the same way when the workspace is re-opened as when the workspace was saved.

In the meantime does anyone have any idea what the random factor is that causes the problem? (Perhaps if I know why it sometimes goes wrong I could prevent it)
textpadquestion

Post by textpadquestion »

Could it be that a file in the workspace no longer exists?

I prefer the document selector instead of the tabs to which I believe you are referring in my workspace... The only thing I've found in the doc selector that affects sorting is whether or not the full path is shown. When the full path is shown, the files are sorted alphabetically by full path+filename. When only file name is shown, sorting is done by filename alone.
fuzzbug

using tabs and windows

Post by fuzzbug »

My workspace is divided into two windows. The left hand window has the files I am working on (programs etc) and the right hand window has reference files (specs, notes etc)

With two windows I find tabs work better than the document selector.