Adjustable Word Wrap and Keyboard Shortcut

Ideas for new features

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

edwardBe

Post by edwardBe »

It would be very handy for some situations (like writing for column displayed articles) to be able to set the size of the word wrap to a specific number of characters.

Also, it would be useful to have a keyboard shortcut to invoke the existing word wrap.
ak47wong

Post by ak47wong »

To change the word wrap setting for the current document, click View->Document Properties->Preferences, then enter the desired number next to Word break at column number.

To change the word wrap setting permanently, click Configure->Preferences, then look at the document class settings under Document Classes.

To toggle word wrap with the keyboard, press CTRL+Q, then W. You can see it listed in the Configure menu.
edwardBe

Post by edwardBe »

Thanks! Very helpful. I guess I didn't do my homework thoroughly enough! I need the word wrap to be in the form of hard line breaks and that is indeed an option as well. Thanks again!
ak47wong

Post by ak47wong »

You're welcome. Also have a look at the reformatting commands in the Edit menu: Join Lines (when word wrapping is off), Split Wrapped Lines (when word wrapping is on) and Reformat. You can do quite a lot with those commands.