Search Highlight is too faint

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

Mareid

Post by Mareid »

When doing a search, the highlight is so faint that I can't see it. Is there a way to modify the search highlight to make it more distinct?
helios

Post by helios »

Helios Software Solutions
Mareid

Post by Mareid »

Thank you very much! I wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but this is actually better, since I can still "highlight the line containing the cursor" with the very light color, but also now can highlight the actual search text.

I did search the forums for "search" and "highlight" but for some reason I got no relevant results.
townski

Post by townski »

I found this topic first then went digging because I wanted exactly what Mareid was after - the 'Current Line' colour (though I hadn't reckoned on it being called something so obvious - <durr>.

Go into the prefs and in Document Classes / Default / Colors - look between "Comments 2" and "Keywords 1" - it appears to be blank but that's the selector for "Current line" - I've just set mine to a slightly darker version of standard and it's really helped.

I think since monitors have got brighter over the years, some colours have washed out with the difference. I know I had to adjust some graphics on my own site when I went from CRT to TFT a couple of years back. Yes, I hung onto my Eizo 21" monitor for years!

Thanks all.