Highlight cursor line color - configurable?

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

Tokoloshe

Highlight cursor line color - configurable?

Post by Tokoloshe »

Hi there,

I've had a search around and I don't seem to be able to find the solution to this problem so please be gentle with me if it has been asked before. ;)

I like to have the "Highlight the line containing the cursor" option enabled and I find it particularly useful when searching through big files. It was an absolute godsend on my old CRT monitor. However, I have recently upgraded to a new, much brighter, TFT monitor which has enhanced many aspects of my computing. However, the pale yellow color of the highlight gets lost against the white background of the rest of the "page" in TextPad. Is there any way of me changing the color of this highlight?

Thanks.
ak47wong

Post by ak47wong »

Hi there,

It has been asked before quite a few times, but I'll be gentle. Just follow the help topic on How to Customize Colors. The "Current line" item is the setting you want to change. Be sure to read the second bullet point in the help topic too.

Andrew
Tokoloshe

Post by Tokoloshe »

Excellent! Thank you very much. I can't believe that I had searched over and over for something like that yet it was staring me right in the face all along (although, to be fair, the words "Current line" were so pale in the dialog that even when I knew they were there, I couldn't see them ;) .)

Thanks again.
mrstella

Post by mrstella »

Thank you!!!!!! :D

I have been wondering how to change this for years. I too could not see "Current LIne". This will make my job much easier.

Did I say thank you? If not, thanks again.