Long Line Cursor Movement After End - New TextPad Update

Instructional HowTos, posted by users. No questions here please.

Moderators: AmigoJack, helios, bbadmin, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

sskaggs

Long Line Cursor Movement After End - New TextPad Update

Post by sskaggs »

I posted an issue into the forum yesterday about the nasty habit TextPad 5.0.3 has of messing up the cursor movement after pressing End on any line longer than the width of the window.

Lo and behold, I got a response that I thought anyone experiencing this problem might be interested in. It is attached below. I have tried this version, and, at the least, this particular issue is corrected. I'm not sure why this is not available from their Downloads page or why they have not made this more publicly known, but I hope you find this helpful.
Please try the latest TextPad build. Just overwrite the original .exe file in your TextPad installation folder.

<<link removed by moderator ... not available for general distribution>>

Sorry

Post by sskaggs »

I am so sorry to have provided false hope. For some reason, the link has been removed by Helios. Anyway, there is definitely a version of TextPad that has this issue resolved. Maybe each user has to ask for it individually.

If you are following the link to this post from my response on other posts, at the time, the link was available, but it has since been removed. Sorry.
Steve Skaggs
sskaggs

New Release

Post by sskaggs »

Good news! They did just release the new version, and it is available for download officially now ( as of 1/11/08 ).

http://www.textpad.com/download/index.html

I tried it, and it corrects this issue along with several others as shown in the release notes.

http://www.textpad.com/support/relnotes.html

Thanks, Helios!
Steve Skaggs