"Not enough memory for that operation"

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

sfncook

"Not enough memory for that operation"

Post by sfncook »

I have a folder full of 7 txt files each of which are approximately 2KB in size (tiny). I try to search them using TextPad (Ctrl-F5) for the phrase "MainPLCRegisters" and i get the error "Not enough memory for that operation." I have about 2GB of memory on a Windows XP Pro laptop. There is nothing excesive running, aside from SQL Server 2005, but my memory is far from full. If I remove all but one of the text files I do not get this error message. I use TextPad for this reason frequently throughout the day and have never gotten this error message before. The text files are just a bunch of stored procedures I exported from SQL Server.

Thanks for any help.

-S
bbadmin
Site Admin

Post by bbadmin »

This could be an erroneous error message that gets issued when TextPad thinks the files contain Unicode characters that cannot be represented in the code page corresponding to the font script selected for the Search Results Document Class. If they really are Unicode files, try setting the font script to something appropriate to the language they contain:

Configure/Preferences/Document Classes/Search Results/Font

I hope this helps.
dcwebman

Post by dcwebman »

I also got this error message and was about ready to go back to 4.7 because I never had it before. Coincidentally (or maybe not) I also was using it for finding in SQL stored procedures. I decided to load all those files in Texpad and it didn't want to load one unless it converted it. I let it and it turned out that it was set as File Format UNIX and Encoding of Unicode. Saving it to PC and ANSI solved the problem of the Find in Files.

Before I found this solution, I had tried all kinds of fonts as suggested but none I tried worked. Is there one that you can recommend that will work?

It would be nice to fix this bug before everybody starts switching editors.